Beautiful People!

Sunday 27 February 2011

A Way To Save Some Money?

How are you all doing this evening?   I've taken a little break from my science revision, to share with you all something that I've been doing to save myself some money recently (:


The first thing is something that's really helped, and this is keeping a wish list on my macbook and on paper of makeup and clothes that I want. Basically, with me I find that if I go into boots to, lets say pick up some shampoo, and there is offers on with makeup, I'll 99.9% of the time buy something even though I know I shouldn't. Then I'll get home and end up with something that I kind of didn't even want. Now, I've come up with a list of "higher-end" makeup that I want: 


Nars Orgasm Blush
Nars Laguna Bronzer
Nars Sex Appeal Blush
Nars Deep Throat Blush 
Nars Dolce Vita Blush
Nars Torrid Blush
Nars Amour Blush
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation/ Nars Sheer Matte Foundation in Fuji
Nars Powder Foundation in Fuji

MAC Peaches Blush
MAC Well Dressed Blush
MAC Twinks Eyeshadow 
MAC Patina Eyeshadow 
MAC Hue Lipstick
MAC Creme Du Nude Lipstick
MAC Blankety Lipstick
MAC Angel Lipstick
MAC MSFN in Light/Medium   - GOT IT
MAC Studio Fix Powder - GOT IT
MAC Studio Finish Concealer - GOT IT

Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 01
Benefit Erase Paste in 01

Coastal Scents 10 Colour Blush Palette 
Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer Palette 
Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette

This seems to have helped me, as now when I visit boots or superdrug, I don't pick things up that I don't need. Because, the money that I would have spent on those bits will then go to the things on my wishlist (:   
As you can see above, there is three things that I have purchased.
For some of you, It may seem such a silly way to save money but it gives me a real sense of achievement when I can cross something off of my list! 

My next method that I've been using is one that you've probably heard of - Shopping my stash! 
I've just uploaded my makeup collection video onto my youtube ( you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0To-Dm8RsFE )  and well, once I watched it back, It really sank in how much of the makeup I don't use enough! So I've been going through my 'Stash' and each day trying to use something different on my face and for me, I've re-descovered some beauties (:  

Hope you all found this helpful!  

Jess 
x




No comments:

Post a Comment